Hi kcrisman!

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:45:17 PM UTC-3, kcrisman wrote:

> I like your screen name.  Share that Sage!
>
> When I first found out Sage (a year or two ago), it blew my mind. I'm
still telling everyone about it ^_^

I've been learning slowly. Recently I've found the cell server. It's ideal
for sharing my stuff with my friends, without nagging them to sign up at
cloud or sagenb.

kcrisman wrote:

> I can't find this display_image thing anywhere in the Sage source, and
> perhaps this is a Sage cell specific thing so that Tachyon things work in
> that context (it's neither the command line nor the notebook server, so
> some custom code may be necessary).  I'm not sure where you found the
> display_image, though; even in the Sage cell patches to Sage [1] ...

Following the track trace, I typed in the following in the cell and press
tab:
sage.plot.plot3d.tachyon??

Then I checked the show() method...
def show(self, verbose=0, extra_opts=''):
# ... ommitted ...
if *sage.misc.display.is_registered('image'):*
            filename = graphics_filename()
             self.save(filename, verbose=verbose, extra_opts=extra_opts)
            sage.misc.misc.display_image(filename)
            return

... and I found that  *sage.misc.display.is_registered()* curious. Then I
also used tab for...
 sage.misc.display.

... and there I found the function display_image(). Then I guessed that sage
.misc.misc.display_image(filename)
had mistaken the second "misc" . From there I figured out the mentioned
workaround.

kcrisman wrote:

> but presumably this is a Sage cell specific thing, given their custom
> code, and I encourage you to report it there [2].

Thanks for the advice! I'll be visiting [2] soon.

kcrisman wrote:

>  Thanks for the report!
>
>  Thanks to you too!

- Share_The_Sage!