> I think that the point is to allow creation of elements either with respect
> to the input generators (using vector) or with respect to the simplified
> generators (without vector).  Since both sort of input look the same (tuples
> / lists) I am guessing that the trick of using "vector" is just that -- a
> trick to be able to distinguish these.   Other ways are possible, for sure.

Hmmm... Is there any point to handle both at the same time ? Why
shouldn't this decision be made when the group is built, in order to
be able to use either
1) The tuple corresponding to how the user built the group (much more natural)
2) The tuples corresponding to the reduced form if the user asked for
it during the construction ?

My problem is that I have no idea of how to make those changes... I
looked at the code but these things are inherited from
God-knows-where...

Nathann