On Tue 20 May 2014 03:00:06 AM SGT, Luis Finotti wrote:

On Friday, May 16, 2014 5:41:53 PM UTC-4, P Purkayastha wrote:

    Actually, the problem in both cases could be that some directory,
    maybe /usr/local/sage-6.2 or some directory inside it, was group
    writable.

    On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 5:39 AM, Montgomery-Smith, Stephen
    <ste...@missouri.edu <javascript:>> wrote:

        On 05/16/2014 04:29 PM, Luis Finotti wrote:
        > Dear all,
        >
        > I tried to build from source (as usual for me) in Debian
        unstable (64 bit).

        > The install.log can be found here:
        > http://www.math.utk.edu/~finotti/misc/install.log
        <http://www.math.utk.edu/~finotti/misc/install.log>

        > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >
        > Best to all,
        >
        > Luis

        I got this error as well on FreeBSD when I tried to build sage
        as root.

        Building as non-root fixed the problem.

OK, I tried to continue the installation, and it failed again.  The
new log can be seen here:
http://www.math.utk.edu/~finotti/misc/install.log.2

I did find some directories with group write permissions.  I removed
these permissions and tried again, but this time it failed very
quickly.  I scraped it and now I am trying to build as a regular
user.  I will let you know if this fixes it.

Oddly enough, in my office computer, running Fedora, it installed
without problems...

Best to all,

Luis

Sorry for the hurried email previously - this is the same error as earlier! Your pynac build is never finishing.