On Dec 8, 2014, at 6:29 PM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If they hit continue, does Sage work as expected?
>
> As far as I can tell, yes. The permissions of DOT_SAGE and the notebook are
> initialized and the user is asked for a password.
>
> Oh, so it works?  Then yes, it is safe.  That really was just to warn against
> the situation Ivan describes.

Then the chmod trick should work until we get a better fix.

Does someone want to open a trac ticket (or is there already one)?

> Can I just run `sage -c 1+2` and see if it succeeds?
>
> I first go to /Applications/Sage.app/Contents/Resources/sage and this is what
> I get :
>
> imac11:sage jerome$ ./sage -c 1+1
>

> Probably need ./sage -c "print 1+1"

Well, I don’t really care about the answer.  It would just be to make sure that
it actually works instead of erroring out.  I would probably use the return
code for that.  But sadly, I just checked and running

/Volumes/sage-6.4.1-x86_64-Darwin/Sage-6.4.1.app/Contents/Resources/sage/sage
-c '1+1'

exits normally, so I can’t use that.  Maybe saving the user’s answer would be
sufficient?  So they would only get asked once (per sage version).

-Ivan