Hi Nathan,

thanks for fixing this.  For the next two weeks or so I expect to be very
busy.  I can do some reading and try to figure out how the process works,
but I'm not sure how much time I'll have to spare.  Realistically I may
have some time in mid February.

Nikos

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Nathann Cohen <nathann.co...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello again!!!
>
> > You're riight.  After looking carefully at my definition of cy (the
> cyclic
> > order of the non zero group elements that give the cyclic order of the
> edges
> > around each vertext) I noticed that instead of A*C^-1 I had AC^1. Once I
> > corrected that everything works.
>
> Cool. Mystery solved.
>
> > However shouldn't _check_embedding_validity detect that something was
> wrong
> > with my dictionary? I did give
> >
> > k12._check_embedding_validity()
> >
> > and sage returned True.
>
> This is totally right. For this reason, I created a new trac ticket
> [1] which contains some new code for Sage: it will be able to catch
> the bug you encountered, and will raise much more meaningful messages
> than 'True/False' when something does not occur as expected. In your
> case, the code would break at this moment:
>
> sage: k12.set_embedding(imb)
> ValueError: The list associated with vertex A contains >1 occurrences of:
> [C]
>
> Now here is the deal: new code, when it is written, must be reviewed.
> Consequently, it will not be merged into Sage before somebody comes,
> reads it and checks that it all works, then sets the ticket to
> positive_review. This is a lot of work and things to learn when you do
> not know Sage's workflow, but on the other hand nobody can add
> anything into Sage unless somebody volunteers to do that job. If you
> were willing to give it a try it would definitely help get this patch
> reviewed+merged quickly. Some documentation to start the
> sage-development-adventure can be found there:
> http://www.sagemath.org/doc/developer/
>
> > Anyway sorry for my silly mistake and thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Look at what happened: you found Sage misbehaving somewhere, asked a
> question, and as a result Sage is being patched and will not make the
> same mistake again. That's how free software works, and if nobody
> reports the problems they just stay as they are.
>
> Thanks for the report, and thanks for your help and time if you have
> some to spare for Sage.
>
> Good evening,
>
> Nathann
>
> [1] http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/17656

Οι ελαφροί ας με λέγουν ελαφρόν.
Στα σοβαρά πράγματα ήμουν πάντοτε
επιμελέστατος.

The frivolous can call me frivolous. In serious matters I've always been
most diligent.
  K. P. Kavafy