Hello,

I tried to use PARI inside some Cython code in Sage. Apparently, it is not happy with the declaration of avma from paridecl (which is as declared as "extern pari_sp avma").

The following compiles (with %runfile the_file.pyx)

{{{
    from sage.libs.pari.paridecl cimport *

    def test():
        cdef pari_sp ltop = avma
}}}

But the following does not

{{{
    from sage.libs.pari.paridecl cimport *

    def test():
        cdef pari_sp ltop = avma
        avma = ltop
}}}

and ends up with

RuntimeError: Error converting ./test.pyx to C:

Error compiling Cython file:
    cdef pari_sp ltop = avma
                           ^

my_file.pyx:16:28: local variable 'avma' referenced before assignment

Where does come from the problem? Sage? Cython?

Thanks,
Vincent