Pierre-Yves Bienvenu wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to use Sage 7.3 on Ubuntu. I've downloaded the archive,
> used archive manager to extract it and got a directory SageMath. Inside
> I double click the  sage executable. The terminal opens and after a lot
> of lines starting with "patching" it says "SageMath version 7.3, release
> date..." etc but immediately after "Ooops sage crashed". No way to find
> the allegedly created report so I don't know exactly what's wrong. Any
> help would be greatly appreciated (I'm an ignorant I must say).

They (by default) end up in a subfolder of the "hidden" Sage directory
(".sage/") in your home folder, i.e., in

    $HOME/.sage/crash_logs/

or

    $HOME/.sage/ipython*/

(There may be a couple of IPython folders, for different IPython
versions, but for Sage 7.3 it should be "ipython-4.2.1/"; probably
there's also "ipython_genutils-0.1.0/".)

But to be honest, I have no idea whether that's also immediately true
for the binary distributions during installation.  Just look for
".sage/" in your home folder; you may have to enable "show hidden files"
or something like that when using the GUI.

-leif