Thank you for the response. I tried installing Sage from Binary and it was
successful.

However, i still get error messages when trying to run the commands to
install this optional package i keep talking about.

sage --package fix-checksum conjecturing
sage-run received unknown option: --package
usage: sage [options]
Try 'sage -h' for more information.

Also, to answer your other question, the optional package i'm trying to
install is not listed in

http://files.sagemath.org/spkg/upstream/

Here is the package i'm referring to,

https://nvcleemp.github.io/conjecturing/#installing-in-sage

I hope this gives you a better idea of what i'm trying to do.

-Jose