On Sun, Sep 6, 2020 at 10:03 AM Teodoro Coluccio <teodoro.coluc...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can I perform triple integrals in a region of space I define? I'm trying
> to migrate from mathematica to sage, and in mathematica I could go and
> define a region of space (with various limitations) and then perform the
> integral of a function on it.

in general, there are no exact algorithms known for such a task.
Mathematica does implement some heuristics, it's not clear which ones.
In your example you're integrating a polynomial over a polytope, for this
case it's known how to do this exactly:
triangulate the region into simplices, then use an explicit formula for
each simplex. Perhaps that's
what Mathematica doing, they don't tell us.
https://arxiv.org/abs/0809.2083
Not implemented in Sage, but it would be a nice addition.