Dima is the expert on this and can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think
Xcode 12 broke sage 9.1.  Fortunately this is being fixed for 9.2 which is
already on a release candidate but has not been released in the wild yet.
 Probably the easiest thing to do would be to clone the git repository and
install the latest developer version:

git clone git://github.com/sagemath/sage.git
cd sage
./bootstrap
source .homebrew-build-env
./configure
make -j16

Also, you can see from config.log that sage encourages you to brew install
python3, which isn't necessary but could speed things up a tiny amount.