I just joined this list a few days ago but also tried to join sage-algebra,
that list however seems dead. The moderator has after almost a week not
approved my membership and the last Google group posting seems to be from
2018...

Are there any other mailing lists/groups? I should also mention that the rss
feeds mentioned on the sage site have defective links... Is the software dying
or am I missing something?