we cannot agree on the direction for sagetex.

 Matthias insists on conversation of it to a proper Python package, without
a build dependency on make or ninja. I disagree - I spent time converting
it to a Python package which uses ninja at build time - and in fact ninja
IS available as  Python package. So it is Python enough in my eyes.