On Tuesday, 30 May 2023 at 06:09:23 UTC-7 Luis Finotti wrote:

I looked at it, but I cannot tell if it is really the same issue, or how I
could check.

well ... it looks like the symbol that is found undefined is indeed of the
type mentioned there. So that would suggest that indeed a system givaro is
picked up while sage is apparently compiled with a "too advanced" c++ ABI
for that library. However, you're not getting errors when you just run
sage-10.0, so it would seem there is a givaro library that can satisfy the
needs (it probably built its own givaro)

So in your case there seems to be something about the environment in which
jupyter starts sage that confuses the library resolution process. I imagine
it could be something where juoyter runs using a python that has its own
venv and that the initialization of sage (which should set up its venv)
somehow misses overriding something or erroneously inherits something from
the jupyter venv.

In that case I would expect this issue was basically always present, but
has only recently become relevant because now the system givaro doesn't cut
it any more.