Did you make a link to your compiled version ?

I compiled sage in sage (which us the base dir) after I sudo ln -s /sage /usr/bin/sage then you get sage wide

I installed the ubuntu version which is working fine : sudo apt install sagemath* jupyter* to get all libs working

hope that can help

best

Henri