On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 12:42:04 PM UTC+2 Michel VAN DEN BERGH wrote:

On Tuesday, August 15, 2023 at 11:50:10 AM UTC+2 Jan Groenewald wrote:

Hi

A quick web search does not bring up results pointing at the sagemath
package being broken on Ubuntu 22.04.
My guess is that it is something else on your system.

Regards,
Jan

On my laptop the sagemath package works.  However I have issues installing
it on my desktop. An obvious guess is that the CPU is too old. It is an Intel
Core 2 Duo E8400 (which was launched in January 2008).   One can imagine
that the distro sage is compiled with certain optimizations which are not
supported by my CPU.

Michel

I think I found a relevant report

https://groups.google.com/g/sage-devel/c/Lj-wx4xm0N4

The error reported there is similar to what I am seeing.

Michel

.