If the writings date back to the sixties as Fred says, 'J.B. Pinto' perhaps
could be John Baptist Pinto, from Nigvaddo Saligao.  He was serving in East
Africa. Post retirement he spent his remaining days back  home in Goa with his
wife Hortencia.

He had varied interests that's what i can recall and one of his fav hobby was
making life size dolls. As a young boy wearing short pants,I did spend many
happy hours with him, listening to African tales and even watching silent black
n white movies at his place. He loved children,  books,   music, and was a
jolly good old man.

This is only a rough speculation, taking into consideration the initials and
period mentioned by Fred. JBP, afterall, could still be someone else from some
other place!

Daniel

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 20:18:07 +0530  wrote