 From: Christopher Desouza <goanch...@sbcglobal.net>
To: saligao-net@googlegroups.com
Sent: Saturday, April 7, 2012 11:10 PM
Subject: Re: [SALIGAONET] Re: Dear Blaise Costabir...

Hi Blaise!

We have never met. I live in California. Alfred your wife's brother was a very
good friend of mine and we were room mates for a few years in Bombay. I have
watched with pride his children growing up. And this is why I am writing to you.

Now I watched with interest as the  mobile tower situation in Saligao, has
developed from what should have been a coming together of minds for the greater
good of the community. Instead this has developed into mudslinging between
people who have formerly come together for the well being of the community. I
am saddened!

I too welcome change and am open to business but do believe in eco-sensitive
and eco-sustainable development. Now this what has transpired in Abreu vaddo is
not exactly a eco sensitive development, as the human settlement in the place
has been there much before any consideration for a tower.

Now you may all debunk each other and throw out challenges and mud in a very
non-chalant way destroying the community as you go along. There is much to be
said for non sponsored science. I mean the science that has not been funded by
industry. In science that has been funded by the telecommunication industry,
they of course will have a biased opinion. The one that is friendly in outlook
to their industry. Now this same industry puts in millions of dollars into
government coffers around the world. That is why this industry has developed at
such a fast pace. To date they do not clearly know the consequences of this
rampant surge.

Now the 2 sides in this argument from my perspective are:
1. People who want improvement no matter what the cost to themselves and their
community, People not sensitive to community sensitivity and community risk or
human eco sensitivity. People motivated only by egos and $$$$$.
2. People who are averse to being subjected to the health hazards of the
telecom industry.
People open to change and modernization with proper risk management and
eco-sensitivity.

Both goals could be met if sane minds prevail. All it takes is to have the
tower located 500 mts from Human habitation. That is all the community is
asking for. I agree with you as that you should work together to have
government standards on location of towers. But the fight has to start
somewhere and this is ground zero to have exactly those standards set in place.

I will now quote an expert in the field of Radio submission and
Electro-magnetic submission.He has worked 16 years in this field for military
and industrial applications. He is my brother, Mariano, in Melbourne,
Australia. He says(about the people in Saligao) " they just don't understand
how severe the consequences of exposure from cell phones and towers are. I for
one use the cell phone as sparsely as possible".  My brother has been warning
me of the consequences since the advent of the cell phone business. I
personally try to use the cell only for text and advise all to do the same

Mario of course has already detailed all the related consequences to the human
mind and body and these are from unbiased scientific studies around the world.
Yet you seem intent to throwing out challenges instead of working with this
community to begin to start some sort of standard for the location of mobile
towers away from residential communities in Saligao and Goa. Just because it
happens in the rest of Goa, does not mean it has to happen in the educated
community of Saligao as well.

Mario, Gerard, Ashley, Maurice, Rico and all those involved in this argument.
You are all friends of mine and I consider community leaders in Goa. C. D'Mello
and V. Cordeiro, Blaise I do not know personally but know their families.
Please lets get together and do something about this and get together a managed
risk and an eco-sensitive solution.

My personal stake in this is that my good friend Alfred's children not suffer
from consequences from exposure as they live within the 500 mts limit of the
proposed tower.

Hope sane minds prevail !!

Yours in community!
Chris De Souza