parrikar also mentioned that the treatment of the present garbage would be started (as a test drive) even before the plant would become fully operational so as to start clearing up the waste there.
kind regards

Ashley

On Tuesday 22 October 2013 04:10 PM, lloyd.ets wrote:
All,
With reference to Dean's message below, the situation will only get worse once there is an official Garbage Treatment Plant set up on Saligao hill.
Regards,
Lloyd

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Dean D'Cruz <mailto:mozaic2...@gmail.com>
    *To:* saligao-net@googlegroups.com
    <mailto:saligao-net@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:06 PM
    *Subject:* [SALIGAONET] Rotting Garbage

    Dear All,

    We are facing the smell of rotting garbage almost everyday now and
approached the Pollution Control Board to have a site visit yesterday.
Brigadier and myself went up with the officials.

    Attached are some updated photographs on the garbage dump on the showing
that nothing is being done except for some informal sorting that scarp dealers
undertake from mix garbage. There is no composting, no treatment, a name sake
fencing on one corner, thousands of birds and hundreds of cows and dogs and
menacing security guard standing at an illegal cabin built on GEDA land in
Saligao giving everyone including the Collector. The mess created by the
Calangute Panchayat by its de-facto Don Joseph Sequeira.

    Kind regards,
    Dean

-- -- Saligao-Net is at http://groups.google.com/group/saligao-net

    ---
    Groups "Saligao-Net" group.
    send an email to saligao-net+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Saligao-Net is at http://groups.google.com/group/saligao-net

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Saligao-Net" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to saligao-net+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

Important:  This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee and probably
doesn't contain information that is confidential, commercially valuable or
subject to legal or Ashley related privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, (although you may find that hard to believe), you are notified that
any review, re-transmission, disclosure, use or dissemination of this
communication is strictly prohibited by several Commonwealth Acts of Ashley.
If you have received this communication in error please notify The Man Ashley
immediately and delete all copies of this transmission together with any
attachments.