As of date, the Lourdes Convent Alumni network has 13 members. Among those
on it are Angie, Ida, Muriel, FN aka Rico, Patricia Colaco and Janice
Mendes (nee Vaz), Leao "Leo" Fernandes, Tina Mendes, Nancy D'Souza,
Rachel and Shanon, and Zelma D'Souza. The school is also part of this
network. So if you wish to send in a message, simply write in to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        To join the alumni network, simply visit
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lourdesconvent

We expect others to join in shortly, as we publicise the existence of this
network, and check out links of past-pupils. Maybe someone should design a
poster in time for the mid-July meeting, that can go up in the school
itself. A lot of the current-crop of students have parents who are alumni.

(In fact, as I go through my cub-scouts photograph dating back to the
mid-seventies, I can see a generation whose kids are around almost in the
same size their parents were three decades ago. For those interested,
there's Moses Coutinho (Maxwell's brother), Michael Fernandes (in the
Gulf), Gladwin Ribeiro Sa (runs his own security service), Leo
Fernandes (into computers, very much with us in a cyberway, though in far
off Portugal), Alan Figuereido (once a Saligaonetter whom we seem to have
lost track of!... in Silicon Valley, if one recalls right), Glen Ribeiro
Sa (an engineer), Milagrino, Mario Gonsalves, Louis D'Souza, Seby (an
active Saligaonetter in the US!), Robert Menezes (a resident Saligaokar),
Henry D'Souza (an engineer), Basil Mascarenhas (engineering, electronics),
Lino and Gabbie (a musician and our neighbour, on the road to the
Convent), Zelio D'Mello (today a prominent orthopaedist, whose work
everyone respects), Brian Mascarenhas (in the Gulf, his wife runs the
Donvaddo creche and playschool) and a couple of faces which one finds hard
to recognise now.)

Also, to help build links, we've started a database

where alumni can post their records. You might need to have a yahoo.com
identity before doing this. (This is free; just go to
http://www.yahoo.com and sign up.)

The next alumni meet is scheduled on July 18 (Sunday). Please send in your
suggestions early, if you're an alumni. Please confirm dates and time

PS: If you joined this network after June 17 and you'd like to see
the couple of messages already posted earlier, check
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LourdesConventAlumni/messages  Please
feel free to post alumni-related content, suggestions, reminiscences,
queries, who's-where etc to [EMAIL PROTECTED]