Documented by Goa Desc Resource Centre Ph:2252660
Website: www.goadesc.org Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Press Clippings on the web: http://www.goadesc.org/mem/

World Dementia Awareness Week - MEMORY WALK in Panjim
The "No Time to Lose" campaign

INVITATION

Greetings from The Dementia Society of Goa!!
Contrary to common belief, the numbers of people diagnosed
with Dementia in developing countries parallel those of the
developed world. In Goa itself there are over three thousand
people afflicted with Dementia and the numbers are rapidly
increasing.

In order to dispel prevailing myths and taboos and to create an
awareness regarding the disease, The Dementia Society of Goa
will join the rest of the World in observing the World Dementia
Awareness Week( 20th - 26th September 2004 ).

We invite you to express your concern for the 18 million people
with dementia around the world .... join us on a "MEMORY WALK".

DATE : Saturday, 25th September,2004
TIME: 4:00 PM.
ROUTE: Panjim Church Square along 18th June road to Caritas hall.

It will be followed by a short awareness programme and refreshments
at Caritas hall.

Everyone is invited

Dr. Amit Dias
(Secretary)
The Dementia Society of Goa
Email: "Dr. Amit Dias" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Care for those who once cared……..We have no time to lose.

GOA DESC RESOURCE CENTRE
Documentation + Education + Solidarity
11 Liberty Apts., Feira Alta, Mapusa, Goa 403 507
Tel: 2252660 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      website: www.goadesc.org