Dear All,

On Monday 27 Sep 2004 5:32 pm, Frederick Noronha (FN) wrote:

> ALUMNI OF LOURDES CONVENT plan to say a thank you to all those
> teachers who made us what we are.

Some more teachers who come to my mind:

 Sr Francesca (FMCK).

 Sr Zita (FMCK).

 Mrs Shobal Naik (Grandmorod).

 Goretti D'Souza (now Sr Goretti D'souza MSA).

 Mrs Teresinha Fernandes (Grandmorod).

 Mr Shirodcar (Arpora )- taught us Hindi - a very patient teacher
who never got angry even when provoked.

I rememberd one day when the children in my class were bored with
the Hindi lesson.  To break the monotony someone placed a piece
of cello-tape on his chair.  Right enough it gave all of us a
break.  As soon as he sat, it stuck to his pants and when he got
up to use the board there were peels of laughter.

 Sir Shirodcar just turned and smiled and wanted to know what
made us laugh.  No one immediately volunteered the sticky
information, as we wanted to extend the comic relief.  After we
had had enough, one of us told him about the prank.  He just
smiled took off the cello-tape and continued the lesson.

His smile disarmed all of us!

Mrs. Olinda Figueiredo (Sharon and Tania's mother).

Mrs Muriel D'mello (Demello Vaddo- from the other part of the
house where Caraline Lira stays).

Late Miss Veera (Fernandes? - lived in the lane that connects
Cherie & Raymond's house with Caroline Lira's house.  She lived
with  and looked after her aged mother till she died. I always
admired the fact that she herded her goats to the hill for
grazing.)

More as I remember...................
Muriel.