Subject: Notes

Luckily we have (and sometimes need, some might say) an excellent moderator.
I was wondering what your next move would be Rico; whether you would  'close
correspondence', chastise someone, ban someone or just let matters roll on.
You've answered my question : 'Flame wars' and 'emergency
moderation'.....cool! Sounds like your taking on the Taliban!

It will be Eid in the Gulf soon, and most of us can expect 5 days off. All
flights to Mumbai seem to be full, and people like me, who do not plan
anything well, are stuck here. But there a few parties to attend, not least
the Cordeiros' party in sharjah. Wimla, easily one of the best cooks on this
planet, will, without doubt, once again churn out some mouth-watering
'khanna'.

I just returned from a great trip to Australia, part work and part pleasure.
I had the pleasure of meeting sister Zeena and fly, and also Julio D'mello
and fly. Julio looked to be in excellent health and, I have to say, it was
also a huge pleasure to meet his good lady Stephanie for the first time.
Julio also has two daughters who I would've described as 'cracking' in my
younger days. It was a pleasure to see an old friend so well settled.

My brother naval (Dick) has had a rough time. Some 3 months ago he had a
coronary and was lucky in that he got to a good hospital and got a stent put
into his artery. No sooner he was discharged a car door swung open and
struck him on his chest. Poor guy probably fractured a couple of ribs and
could hardly breathe for a week. next thing he fell and shattered his leg -
needed surgery for his tibia and fibula. He's at home recovering  now and
hasn't worked for months, poor guy. He'll be glad to see 2007 over and done
with.

As an Emergency Physician myself, I think its wothwhile all of us, but
especially those of us who are  in India, thinking a little about the 'what
ifs' of healthcare. Does your partner know what to do, if you have chest
pain? Do you know the symptoms of a heart attack? Do you know what to do if
your other half breaks a leg? Are you insured? (Incidentally, the hospitals
want cash up front, insured or not).

I'll leave you all on that sombre note. And here's wishing one and all a
MERRY CHRISTMAS. I wont be in Saligao this year, sadly.

Dilip aka Joe