Hi SaligaoNetters,

All must be preparing for Christmas & enjoying a few holidays at the same time which is the norm during this festive season. My 10 days holidays are over today, it's back to the grindstone from tomorrow - boohoo!

It was good to read the postings of Quentin & Patsy - some activity on SaligaoNet....finally. And Rico, thanks for the information posted too - re: Happenings in the Parish & the events in the Saligao Institute.

About the salt and vinegar for wounds....Isn't that
the way they used to treat/heal wounds when we were
growing up?  Salt, vinegar (sound like good
antiseptics to me)and a bandage around the wound??  or

Yeh right! I went with the vinegar (not the salt) & sometimes the caju feni, as the dettol was too mild to kill any germs..on my skin anyway. The vinegar or feni did the trick, burning & healing. Bandages are not needed, wounds heal quicker when exposed to sunlight & air - they did for me & still do. They get cooked up when covered..like the roast in the pressure cooker.

is that what my dad used to use to make his absolutely
delicious Pork Roast?  Can't remember now!

Hmm that's a good one, Patsy! I use salt & vingear for every marinade (and I can assure you I'm no cook but each recipe book seems to have these two ingredients staring out at me from the pages)....& I'm sure the others use the same.

>But....You better watch out....(in keeping with the season's
song), you may be inadvertently healing peoples'
wounds when what you really want to do is make them
worse!!!!!

Oh no! Quentin doesnt want to do that! Dont get onto that path now, Patsy, we've finished with that, havent we?

Hey Quentin,you too bring back great memories of days
gone by.  "Lobi" (seven tiles) was one of the most fun

Right! But has the game gone out of fashion these days?.... Those were the days, we derived enjoyment as well as we got the exercise.......guess all kids are at the playstation etc. nowadays or watching T.V. - we didnt know about either.

Best wishes to one and all over this Festive Season

Merry Christmas
Happy New Year

Annette

      • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
    • RE... Quentin Coelho
      • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
      • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
  • RE: [SA... Patricia Nazareth
    • Re... Mark & Clarerose Mascarenhas
      • ... Quentin Coelho