From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ANNETTE D'SOUZA
Sent: segunda-feira, 3 de Março de 2008 6:18
To: saligaonet@goacom.org
Subject: RE: [SALIGAONET] pictures of the Saligao Church

Hi SaligaoNetters

Re above subject,  some of you around the world would have already received the
Appeal for Funds that I have sent (not through SaligaoNet since one has to get
permission for circulating such text on Saligaonet).

Since I was in Saligao in January/February 2008, I attended the meeting meant
for Saliganvkars so that they would be apprised of the situation with regard to
the Church.  Sad to say, only 25-30 Saliganvkars attended that meeting.
Information given was exhaustive, questions were answered to a certain extent
satisfactorily.  I was then asked to send the "Appeal" to Saliganvkars around
the world & I have done that on a personal basis.  The "Appeal" is
self-explanatory.

The latest news (spoke to Fiona yesterday) is that the Parish Councillors &
other Saliganvkars have already started collecting the funds from the various
vaddos for which receipts are being produced also.

Ashley/Rico,  pictures of the Church will not show how bad a state the Church
is in.  I mean on the outside, we would just think it required a coat or two of
paint & inside the Church - yes  painting, gilding whatever is to be done but
at a later stage.  I can assure you that the main part that needs repair
immediately & before the monsoons, is the roof. (Leao on this Net - from
Portugal will vouch for that & others who are in Saligao would know better I
guess). If we want our beautiful Church (internationally known because of its
Gothic architecture etc. etc.) still standing, then we got to do things quickly.

Have a nice day
Annette

> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: Saligaonet@goacom.org
> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:05:46 +0530
> CC:
> Subject: [SALIGAONET] pictures of the slaigao church
>
> Hi
> can anyone click us pictures of the saligao church and upload them for
> all to see? i hear its in a preety bad state right now for all to see
> fred?
> Ash
> --
> Ashley Says:-
> A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open windows.
>
> "Beth Shalom"
> Abreovaddo, Saligao
> Bardez, Goa. 403511
> Ph: 24095444 / 9823118321

  • [SALIGA... Ashley Delaney
    • RE... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
      • ... Leão Fernandes
        • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
          • ... Kevin Saldanha
            • ... dilip dacruz
              • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
                • ... Kevin Saldanha
                • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
                • ... dilip dacruz
                • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
          • ... dilip dacruz
            • ... Albert Da Cruz