Yes Fred. This site MUST only be the messenger. Any attempts to raise money
would make the recent laptop foray look like a spot of acne.  We learn. Any one
who wants to use a website to raise money may do so; just don't use this one,
please.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> [...]
> the rest of us can keep on doing our own> thing. --FN> > On 04/03/2008, Kevin
> Saldanha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > Hi Fred,> >> > Isn't there some way
> that a case can be made for the state to pick up at> > least a portion of the
> tab towards the restoration seeing as it gets pretty> > good mileage on the
> beauty of the gothic structure. Naturally, if they> > could ride on the
> titheing of the Saligaokars, they would. We need someone> > to build a case
> for them to release some of the Rs. from their tourist> > development
> budget.> >> > This would benefit the congregation and the state in a joint
> venture.> > However, caution would be advised as to them claiming a stake in
> future> > operations etc.> >> > Kevin> >> >> > On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 2:02
> PM, Frederick Noronha [फ़रेदरिक नोरोनया]> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> >> > >
> Just to say:> > >> > > * All issues are welcome on this list. Religion is not
> taboo either.> > > * Those who do not wish to support the Church repairs
> project are> > > under no compulsion to do so. Likewise, those who see it as
> a worthy> > > cause, are free to support it.> > > * I know that this issue is
> a priority for some of our villagers, and> > > we respect their sentiments.>
> > > * A. Isa and my neighbour Olanda Sequeira (David, Luke and Ruth's mum> >
> > who teaches at St Mary's) had passed on printed appeals over the> > >
> issue. To circulate the same over Saligaonet, we need the same in> > >
> plain-text format. Could someone who has the appeal please post it to> > >
> the list?> > >> > > Just a clarification to reply to Dilip da Cruz. This list
> is> > > non-denominational and open to all. To me, it doesn't make sense to>
> > > block out religious issues ... but just be sensitive and discuss> > >
> things in a way that doesn't offend others.> > >> > > Kevin, I'm no expert on
> this, but I don't think the State would fund> > > the maintenance of a
> church. The State has spent money on> > > illumination, but I think that's
> done on the rationale of promoting> > > tourism. FN> > >> > >> > > On
> 03/03/2008, dilip dacruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > >> > > > Is this web
> site affiliated to the church? Is there a special> > connection?> > > > I
> wasn't aware there was one.> > > > I look at this site as a secular,
> all-embracing site that cares about> > all> > > > aspects of saligao.> > > >
> It is not a catholic-bound exclusive club....or is it?> > > > And Leao, is
> the church our biggest heritage? Really? Where did that> > come> > > > from?>
> that the Goa Government has a stake in> > preserving> > > > the structure as
> a heritage building. After all, they went to great> > pains> > > > to install
> the high intensity illumination and it is one of their> > popular> > > >
> visual attractions to Goa. Not sure if the huge illuminated image still> > >
> > graces the Bombay airport.> > > >> > > > Kevin> > > >> > >> >> >
> Frederick 'FN' Noronha | Ym/Gmailtalk: fredericknoronha>
  • [SALIGA... Ashley Delaney
    • RE... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
      • ... Leão Fernandes
        • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
          • ... Kevin Saldanha
            • ... dilip dacruz
              • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
                • ... Kevin Saldanha
                • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
                • ... dilip dacruz
                • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
          • ... dilip dacruz
            • ... Albert Da Cruz