You can monitor Linux servers via SNMP.  And probably some apps too.

dirk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of David Buckland
Sent: Tue Jun 24 9:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [SA-list] Linux monitoring

Hi
I'm new to the list, so this may have been covered before.
I'm looking for tips on using SA to add our new Linux application servers
to the list.
SA has been great for Windows and Citrix servers so we'd like to continue
with one tool. We're pinging the Linux servers but thats really not that
useful as the servers never go down. (ever! - what a contrast from Win) But
we do sometimes have trouble with Java and the apps services.
We could check the app login pages are available (URL) but I was wondering
if anyone has anything a bit fancier to suggest.

Thanks
David Buckland
CITinc