I've installed SA 4.1 and SAWeb 1.73 on Windows 2000 server using IIS, all on the same system. I configured SA 4.1 with some entries, configured it to run as a service, turned on logging, closed the app and confirmed monitoring entries being written to the log file. I opened SA 4.1 again, configured SAWeb, tested it and all seemed to be working properly. At that point I exited SA 4.1, fired up another browser to access SAWeb and got the following message:

Error: Cannot connect to server 192.168.0.241:4301.
This could mean that Servers Alive is busy with another task.
Please try again, or change your configuration to correct the problem.

Found that I continue to get this message until I open the SA 4.1 app. I don't make any configuration changes, just open the app! I've tried different Telnet security settings, doesn't make a difference, if SA 4.1 isn't open I can't telnet to this server/port and I get the above error message when I try to access SAWeb. Am I overlooking something simple?

Ben Helfer