Are you running perfmon localy or also via the internet?
The "old" v4.1 used the same system as perfmon..

Dirk.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Carroll, Andy
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:19 PM
To: salive@woodstone.nu
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Servers Alive - NT Perfmon, Memory, Pool Nonpaged B
ytes

Dirk,

Can you advise which method Servers Alive is using, and advise if this is
different to the method that Perfmon is using.

I am quite concerned about the problem we are experiencing as the figures
returned by Servers Alive do appear to coincide with the performance of the
Server deteriorating due to a memory leak somewhere, but the Perfmon figures
produced running Windows Perfmon interactively did not report any
significant change in the Pool Nonpaged bytes (which is the performance
counter I am monitoring) and did not go above my threshold this morning even
though the system ground to a virtual stand still.

Request to the rest of the forum members:

Does anyone have or can suggest better memory monitoring utilities (rather
than Microsoft Perfmon) that may help me trace this memory leak issue I seem
to be experiencing.

Thanks,

Andy