We're attempting to utilize Servers Alive (SA) as a companion monitoring tool to our HP OpenView Network Node Manager (NNM) installation with NNM working as the manager of managers (MOM).

I've been working with SA to get it to send SNMP traps to NNM. Based on the monitored event (DOWN or RUNNING) sent by SA, we want NNM to perform certain actions. The generic .1.3.6.1.4.1.10984.0.0 SNMP trap is causing me issues based on the criteria I laid out above. The source will always be the SA server and all information from SA is contained within a single variable $1.

Has anyone worked through this before? What exactly is the Object OID for? I can't see it passed along in the trap when I populate this field in SA.

TIA for any assistance/help.

Scott Banyas
Network Services Administrator
Enterprise Monitoring Solutions - Tech Services
FBL Financial Group, Inc.
5400 University Ave, West Des Moines, IA 50266-5997
(d) 515.225.5995
(e) [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your computer.