Servers Alive v5.1 can alert when receiving a trap.

dirk;

From: Steve Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 11:30 AM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] Dell server monitoring advice

Hi Everyone,

How you don't mind the off-topic message but I'm trying to find the best way of monitoring my Dell enterprise servers for hardware failures.

They have Dell openmanage software installed and this logs events into the event log but for some reason this takes over 5 minutes to query using the Servers Alive eventlog COM check, this is not ideal as it hold up the servers alive monitoring progress.

The open manage software can run an external program or send SNMP traps (it doesn't look like it can send emails !?) . Is there a decent program you can recommend to collect SNMP traps and then send emails or integrate into Servers Alive when a specific trap is received?

Or is there a program I can install locally on the server to monitor the event log and send and email if a certain even occurs?

thanks in advance

Steve

they are addressed.

originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
email message has been scanned for the presence of known computer viruses.

states them to be the views of Electronic Media Ltd.