You may be on to something here.  The problem is not related to the receipent's
email domain (since I am not using 'Send direct' in SA), but rather in
resolving the IP address of the mail server ( mail.cableone.net
(http://mail.cableone.net)).  SA seems to resolve mail.cableone.net
(http://mail.cableone.net) to 24.116.0.0 (http://24.116.0.0) when in fact it is
24.116.0.226 (http://24.116.0.226).  Both nslookup and ping correctly resolve
mail.cableone.net (http://mail.cableone.net) to 24.116.0.226
(http://24.116.0.226).  However, when I did a look up of the MX record for
mail.cableone.net (http://mail.cableone.net) it appears to not exist.

C:\>nslookup
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.0.1 (http://192.168.0.1):
Non-existent domain
*** Default servers are not available
Default Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.0.1 (http://192.168.0.1)

> set type=mx
> mail.cableone.net (http://mail.cableone.net)
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.0.1 (http://192.168.0.1)

cableone.net  (http://cableone.net)
        primary name server = ns1-10.cableone.net (http://ns1-10.cableone.net)
        responsible mail addr = tech.cableone.net (http://tech.cableone.net)
        serial  = 4733
        refresh = 900 (15 mins)
        retry   = 300 (5 mins)
        expire  = 3600 (1 hour)
        default TTL = 3600 (1 hour)

What's strange is that my email client (Outlook) successfully sends email using
mail.cableone.net (http://mail.cableone.net) and when I examine the headers of
that email it says that it is coming from s1.cableone.net
(http://s1.cableone.net) (24.116.0.227 (http://24.116.0.227)).

Is the MX record for mail.cableone.net (http://mail.cableone.net) correct?

--Bob--