Hello Dirk,

Its can be done via any ftp-command-line tools.
I do something like that. SA just checking result of batch job. In my
case checking MD5 of downloaded file(s).

Also I use to check upload/download ratio on ftp server.
In this case I telnet to ftp server, logged in, got response from the
server, little work to cut off garbage and this is it.

Also almost any advanced ftp servers has API. You can get
anything you want with vbscript :-)

--
Best regards,
 Viktor                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]