By changing the IP of the entry you edited the entry and as such you don't get
the "back up alert", that's normal and not related to the MSN alert as such.

Dirk Bulinckx.

-----Original Message-----
From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Chris Mang
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 10:46 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: RE: [SA-list] MSN alerting working again

I just tested this feature as follows on v6.1.2162:

Created a test entry to ping a valid address
Setup MSN in Setup\Alerts\MSN Messenger to send alerts from my alerts
MSN account to my MSN account
Configured test check to send MSN message to my MSN account on 1 times
down, and when back up too
Test It button returned a valid instant message received to my MSN
account from my alerts MSN account
Applied the changes
Changed the IP address of my test check to a bogus address
Let SA run through a cycle
Test check reports down, instant message sent and received from my
alerts MSN account to my MSN account
Changed the IP address of my test check to a valid address
Let SA run through a cycle
Test check reports up, no instant message received from my alerts MSN
account to my MSN account.

Thanks,

Chris>>