From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Steve Davis
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 12:01 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Interface not updating

No, it doesn’t update until the end of a check cycle. If SA is stopped it
doesn’t update at all. When my complete check cycle takes over 10 minutes
to run and I want to test some new entries this is no help at all.

I want to be able to add and fine tune new entries on the fly and frequently
stop SA while I’m doing this and then restart it at the end. The biggest
problem is that the Check Entry Now function is completely useless with no
immediate interface update. If I change the name of a check, even this is not
being reflected, nor is changing dependencies moving the item to it’s new
location.

This to me is a crazy removal of functionality and should at least have the
option of being enabled if needed. I can’t believe I’m the only one
who uses it this way.

How does everyone else manage adding, modifying and testing new checks?

I’ve just added 3 new checks, which were a copy and slight change of 1
existing check and this would normally have taken a couple of minutes to create
and test and has now taken over 30 minutes.

Steve