From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dirk
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2008 5:51 AM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] Servers Alive and reporting

One of the often returning question on Servers Alive is if it can do reporting.
We always point to the HTML template based output and to the DB logging (using
a 3rd party report writer).  Still it seems that this is not what people are
looking for.

That's why we would like you to help us with some brainstorming around that
reporting feature.

I'll start by giving my own idea on it.
        * it's based on the HTML template based output
        * it can be set to be executed (generated) once a day and you can
select what "entries" go on it
        * you can ofcourse have several output's and for several sets of entries
        * additional parameters are needed like
                % up cycles
                % down cycles
                % maintenance cycles
        and this per DAY, WEEK, MONTH, YEAR
        with "easy" access to the current (day/week/...) and the previous
(day/week/...) and also access to other days/weeks/months/year.

        Example:
                <sa_stats_up_week{pervious}%>   gives the up% of the previous
week
                <sa_stats_up_week082008%>       gives the up% of week 8 of 2008
                <sa_stats_down_month082008%>    gives the up% of month 8 of 2008

All ideas/comments/additions are MORE THEN WELCOME

Dirk Bulinckx.

salive@woodstone.nu If you use auto-responders (like out-of-the-office
messages), make sure that they are not sent to the list nor to individual
members.  Doing so will cause you to be automatically removed from the list.

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members.  Doing so will cause