FYI we write all entries up/down/maintenance to a database.  The we query the
database for a status change.   Therefore if the entry was down when servers
alive quit and up when it came back our report would show the down time
(inaccurately of course) as reported by servers alive between the down and next
up entry.

We archive the data on a time schedule (weekly I think).   Then we enter only
status change entries (up after down, up after maintenance, etc) and all down
cycles.     This allows accountability as to why it was down and how long.  We
would of course see that it was down at 2 am one day (servers alive was shut
down at 2:01am) and back up at 7am that morning with no down entries in between
we would know that for some reason SA was down but not necessarily the check.

This is mostly hypothetical since SA runs as a service that is monitored by
another SA instance.   SA is not usually down for very long at all except
during server reboots where it misses 15 minutes or so.

Jason Passow
Mississippi Welders Supply
http://www.mwsco.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]