Here is an update.
Today we had to reboot our Windows based print server. Since then
the amount of false positives with error code 1460 was greatly
decreased. There were only 3 for the day !
Before and after the reboot I had none of these false positives
related to that server !
I tend to believe, that this SA error points to some general Windows
network error. Details to be figured out.