From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Dirk
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2008 5:55 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] SNMP traps and name resolution

We're looking at the following possible feature:
        for the receive SNMP traps we include within the "message" the IP
address of the sender and the IP address of the agent (can be different)
        would it be usefull to "convert" those IP address to hostnames?

If so with "normal" look-ups (using the normal name resolution of the OS) or
(also) with an internal table of IP/hostnames?

Dirk Bulinckx.

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members.  Doing so will cause
you to be automatically removed from the list.=

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members.  Doing so will cause