If you're using ping checks for your network devices maybe you wanna increase
the ping-timeout a few seconds.

In my installation it's pretty rare that we get false alarms.

From: "Heath Abbate"
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:15:45 +0200
To: Servers Alive Discussion List<salive@woodstone.nu>
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Servers Alive Flakey?

Various types of alerts.

Ping checks, disk space checks, service checks, *nix checks.

2 methods for verifying false alerts

1.      Having another product monitor the same things &#8211; salive will
bark, the other won&#8217;t.

2.      Checking as soon as the alert is fired off.  Just last night it claimed
all our network devices were down. None of them were.

I do have a few hundred checks.  Maybe I am checking too often?  Can Salive get
flakey if its constantly checking?  IE maybe there is some overlap in the next
cycle starting before the previous is done?