We know that some users have been seeing situations were all of a sudden all
PING entries give a down, while pinging those same hosts from the commandline
works fine.  Restarting SA solves the issue for them.

We have not been able to reproduce that problem at all :-(
This means that in order to get it fixed we will need some help from our users.

If you have this problem 'often' and would be willing to help us solve it, then
please please contact us

The problem we're talking about give in the logfile something similar to:

        PingStart ERROR: Method '~' of object '~' failed ( 0)

Thanks

dirk.

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members.  Doing so will cause