I've had the same problems with slow authentication.  However, I don't have MS
Active Directory.  To get around the problem, I have to keep the server logged
in with an account that exists on all the servers where I want to perform
checks and I do not run Servers Alive as a service.

Brett Hanson
Systems Analyst
Agrium Inc.

>>> "Barry George" <bgeo...@dougallmedia.com> 1/27/2010 9:00 AM >>>

Walt,

Do you have a standard MS Active Directory Schema in your org?

I can't think of anyone on this list that has had issues with slow checks due
to authentication. I (as most all users) generally use a domain admin account
to check windows services, processes etc.

I think you have another issues perhaps?

Barry