From: Bob Hartung [mailto:bhart...@wiscoind.com]
To: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:salive@woodstone.nu]
Sent: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:15:24 -0600
Subject: RE: [SA-list] Bad upgrade

I had the same experience. When I downloaded the v7 upgrade file, I neglected
to scroll down to the bottom of that screen where a link to instructions can be
found...

Make a backup of your entries file
Start Servers Alive and uncheck the auto-load of the entries/host-file in the
setup-general-startup screen
Stop the Servers Alive service (if it's running)
Install Servers Alive over the existing version
Start Servers Alive v7
Enter your new registration code (yes Servers Alive v7 uses a different
registration code than Servers Alive v6 (or older)! - you can purchase an
upgrade via this link (http://www.woodstone.nu/salive/purchase.php))
Restart Servers Alive
In the setup-general-startup screen, recheck the auto loading of your entries
file
Restart Servers Alive
It will auto-load your entries file (if configured like this). If it only loads
10 entries, then use your backup hostfile (see first point)

That said, I'd recommend that these manual steps should be incorporated into
the installation process and not left to chance.

Bob Hartung
Dir of I.T.
Wisco Industries, Inc.
736 Janesville St.