From: Servers Alive Discussion List [mailto:salive@woodstone.nu] On Behalf Of
Anderson, Peter
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 12:46 PM
To: Servers Alive Discussion List
Subject: [SA-list] Moved to 2008 R2 for running SA, getting "OpenSCManager -
5-Access is denied" when querying 2008 servers

Version 7, 2528.  When running on a 2003 32bit server, everything was fine.  I
moved the config and host file to a new 2008 R2 box and now service checks to
2008 servers all give this error “ERR: Getservice status - OpenSCManager
- 5-Access is denied.”  However, the credentials are still present in the
check entries and I still get a list of services when I edit the checks.
Re-entering credentials in the checks make no difference.  The server name and
IP of the server running SA is the same as the previous server.  Ideas?  Thanks
in advance,

Peter Anderson

Manager, Network Services, ITS

Cuyahoga Community College

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause