I finally upgraded to v8 and have run into a problem with the remote client.
With v7 it connected fine but it will not connect now that I have upgraded to
v8.

(Disregard the above.  After a reboot the remote client is connecting fine.)

While I am asking … what is the “best practice” for
administering SAv8 when running as a service on Windows 2012 R2 as a service?

There is the remote client which, as I understand it, must be running on the
same host as the SA service and there is the SA application.

Does the remote client still need to be run on the same host as the service?

What is the reasoning for a “service” and an
“application”?  When and how, if at all, should I run the
application?

Just a curious.  As long as the service and remote client play nice and work as
great as they always have I am happy.

Ev

they are not sent to the list nor to individual members. Doing so will cause