On      Wed, 9 Sep 1998 00:18:31 +0100, Andrew Collier said:
> I didn't see it yesterday, but here's what I remember from the first time
> they broadcast the remastered episode...

> 1. They broadcast it in letterbox format, to make you think it was
> originally filmed in widescreen.

> 2. They have scutters wandering across the bottom and top of the screen for
> no readily identifiable reason.

> 3. They've added a few random 3D-rendered cutscenes of no relevance
> whatsoever.

Indeed, all external shots of the small rouge one have been computer generated
(as were the added scutters).  But:

  0. They ripped out half the opening fanfare and replaced it with the opening
     music of later series (which, boringly enough, is an arrangement of the
     ending music), together with clips of things that didn't happen during
     the first series.

imc