In a message dated 15/09/98  16:14:02, you write:

>On Mon 14 Sep 98 (17:19:16), [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>In a message dated 14/09/98  11:03:55, you write:

>I'm not sure, but I think Maplins still sell the BBC Style ones.
>Or if you ask me nicely Phil, I'll let you have my spare one :-)
>Of course, I can't guarantee that it will work, but if it saves you some
>cash...
>

>>>The Sam printer cable is the same as the BBC one - it might be easier
>>>find one of those.
>>
>><panto mode>
>>Oh no it isn't.
>></panto mode>
>>

>I've always used the lead that came with my BBC and it's printer with my SAM,
>and I've never had any problems.
>
>>AFAIKFO no one makes them anymore (well, except me).
>>

>[Snip}
>
>>..
>>Bob.
>
>Stewart.

The "Oh no it isn't" was referring to how easy it would be to get a printer
cable.

BBC cables are normally only 1m long, whereas the ones we supply are either
1.5 or 2m long.

Maplin have dropped the BBC cable from their range, although some shops may
still have one.

--
Bob.

--