From: Dave Hooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 18 January 1999 15:28
Subject: Re: Hurrah!

>> big deal, I've just got a Voodoo II, which goes nicely with my 8mb AGP
>> card. 20Mb of graphics in all! :-)
>
>you do realise that your system only uses one card at a time? so you've
>really only got 12 Mb of graphics at a time?

It actually depends on the software... If you've a good 2D 8Mb AGP card,
then any decent software can use the Voodoo for additional support.

Or, of course, you could use the SLI link with a twin Voodoo combination ...
Which is a hell of a lot better.

>i just don't see the point of having a 12 Mb VDII and an 8Mb AGP card; why
>not just get a combined card like a voodoo banshee, or a matrox g200, or a
>Riva TNT?

Weelll... even tho' I've got a Banshee..... I still think a decent 2D card
and the Voodoo2 is a damn site better (I went for the banshee on cost...)
The TNT's not a bad alternative - I'd recomend the ASUS TNT which walks over
the Creative Labs and Diamond TNT cards....

>** cheaper ** and just as good.
>
>dave

Ahem!

More SAM related topics me thinks?

Who's got a least pathetic score than me on Stratosphere? Level 3?

David

PS: PC hardware? Email me for quotations!