Dear All,

I was very sorry to hear the unexpected news about the death of Malcolm
Mackenzie. I've talked to Malcolm many times on the telephone, and he always
came across as friendly and enthusiastic. Those phone calls could be quite
memorable, with sounds of his children in the background and Malcolm trying to
keep some sort of order while he expounded some new ideas about SAM.

My sympathies go to Dawn and the children. I'm sure many of us will miss
Malcolm and his enthusiastic work for SAM. I know that Malcolm often spoke his
mind, sometimes annoying others, but I'm sure he'll be sadly missed by many of
us, and the SAM world will be poorer without him.

Phil Glover.