On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 04:15:16PM +0100, Si Owen wrote:
> In the floppy driver I've added the direction flag and write protection, and
> tighened up some of the flags used. I'm playing with the idea of yet another
> disk format capable of handling custom disk formats used by some of the
> commercial software (and possibly demos?)

Does the Amstrad DSK format not cover this?  (I don't actually know anything
about it, except that it is more complicated than a straight dump of all the
tracks on the disk.)

> I checked the latest xz80 source yesterday and the INI and OTI flags were
> still as SimCoupe has them.

SimCoupe has probably changed more recently than xz80 has. ;-)

>                             I just changed the 'b>0' to '!b' to correct the
> Z flag but left the other part of the expression alone. It's a great C Z80
> emulator, and I can't see there being much else to squeeze out of it without
> going to ASM

Actually I think I just typed in what came into my head - I'm sure some of
the flag calculations must be horribly inefficient.  Then again, there is
no easy way to generate them unless you want to rely on the host cpu having
similar flags which you can just copy.

imc