On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Simon Cooke wrote:

> From: Si Owen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > note: Win32 version with HQ driver (high quality) is not
> > > ready for public, because the author Dave Hooper
> > > don't want to release HQ driver.
> >
> > I was in touch with Dave yesterday, and I certainly won't be releasing
> > anything of his without prior permission.  I was highly impressed with his
> > HQ driver, which ran great under NT too, so I'm keenest to get that up and
> > running first, with your extra sound drivers done after that.
>
> So folks... was the final decision to spool data out on the fly? Or to build
> a buffer with the data in it and pump that out every 1/50th of a second or
> so?

50Hz speed is not possible. The Win32 API is too slow.
It is obvious, that we do some mixing every 1/50th of a second, but the
problem is how to put these data to the soundcard, when the API is so
slow.
I'm sure this can be sloved, but currently it isn't.

 Aley [eili] Keprt - student, programmer (multimedia soft. etc.)
                    phone: +420-68-538 70 35
     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ***  http://get.to/aley